Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
  • https://www.facebook.com/
  • https://twitter.com/
  • https://t.me/
  • https://www.instagram.com/
  • https://youtube.com/
Purveyor  Purveyor
Purveyor  Purveyor
  • Politics
    • Home
      • International Scene
      • About
  • Technology/Telecom
  • Agriculture
  • Education
    • Interview
  • Human/Social Dev
  • Contacts
    • Sports/Youth
  • Politics
    • Home
      • International Scene
      • About
  • Technology/Telecom
  • Agriculture
  • Education
    • Interview
  • Human/Social Dev
  • Contacts
    • Sports/Youth
Subscribe
Close

Search

International Scene

Iran’s President says negotiation with US does not mean surrender

By Admin
August 20, 2026 2 Min Read
0
Iran's President says negotiation with US does not mean surrender | Iran's President says negotiation with US does not mean surrender
Iran’s President says negotiation with US does not mean surrender

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian has said that negotiating with the United States did not mean surrender.

At a conference in Tehran on Wednesday (local time), Pezeshkian stressed the need to defend Iran’s territorial integrity, according to a statement posted on his office’s website.

“In the process of negotiations, we are moving forward step by step at the height of our power and while maintaining wisdom, dignity and expediency,” Pezeshkian said.

“Our goals have been to end the war, lift the (anti-Iran naval) blockade, release the country’s frozen assets and, then, (hold) nuclear talks,” he noted.

US President Donald Trump reportedly told top administration envoys to halt their conversations with Iran on Tuesday, local media reported, citing a US official, reports Xinhua news agency.

On Wednesday, Trump announced a “crushing economic operation” on Iran, hours after saying that the situation with Iran is “so good.”

Tehran and Washington signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on ending the war on all fronts on June 18.

Yet, it remains unclear how the talks will proceed after a 60-day negotiating period under the MoU ended on Monday and tensions between the two sides escalated last month.

Additionally, a senior Iranian lawmaker said Wednesday that a draft plan under review by Iran’s parliament to safeguard security in the Strait of Hormuz would bar hostile and espionage vessels from transiting the strategic waterway.

In an interview with state-run IRIB TV, Ebrahim Rezaei, a member of the parliament’s national security and foreign policy committee, elaborated on the plan, whose general outlines have been approved by the committee.

The plan stipulates that vessels deemed hostile or involved in espionage activities that could threaten Iran’s national security would not be allowed to pass through the strait, Rezaei said.

He added that Israeli military or civilian vessels would also be prohibited from transiting the waterway, with enforcement to be supervised by Iran’s General Staff of the Armed Forces.

Rezaei said the plan included provisions for charging passage fees in the Iranian rial or other currencies, as well as penalties for vessels violating the regulations.

“If someone in another part of the world harms Iran’s interests or our citizens, we will deal with that government in the Strait of Hormuz,” he said, adding that the plan allows for measures including cargo confiscation and higher tariffs against governments that take hostile positions toward Iran.

Rezaei said the Strait of Hormuz had become a national security concern for Iran following US and Israeli strikes against Iran, and that Tehran must maintain control of the waterway to prevent military threats.

The parliamentary committee approved the general outlines of the plan earlier this month, Iran’s official news agency IRNA reported.

COURTESY: lokmattimes.com

Author

Admin

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

War: Iran losing patience, preparing surprise for US – Khamayar

Next

EFCC faces outrage as BUK final-year student remanded over alleged cyberbullying days before exams

No Comment! Be the first one.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Energy And Environmental Law Club Plants 500 Trees At ABU Kongo Campus
  • 2026 FCT FA Women’s Inter Area Council Tournament Kicks Off August 21
  • Terrorists kill vigilante, abduct woman, son in Kaduna
  • Gianni Infantino eyes junior tournament in Dominican Republic as potential route out of crisis
  • Egypt, Qatar, Türkiye condemn Israeli attacks on GazaXinhua

Recent Comments

  1. Admin on Cameroon Unrest: 4 Confirmed Dead Following 92-Year-Old’s Re-election
  2. Admin on NSC Chairman At AUSC Meeting In Burundi
  3. Admin on Monkeypox Threatens Public Health In Akwa Ibom
  4. Admin on Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio Carpets LASG Over Demolition Of Secretariat
  5. Admin on NGO Vows To Support Sec Sch Education In Gwarzo LG

Archives

  • August 2026
  • July 2026
  • June 2026
  • May 2026
  • April 2026
  • March 2026
  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025
  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • July 2025

Categories

  • Agencies
  • Agriculture
  • Appointments
  • Archives
  • Aviation/Transportation
  • Casualty
  • Column
  • Community/Entertainment
  • Culture/Tourism
  • Diplomacy
  • Education
  • Entrepreneurship
  • Environment/Emergency
  • Finance/Economy
  • Health
  • Honour
  • Human/Social Dev
  • International Scene
  • Judiciary
  • Oil/New Energy
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Project
  • Religious Affairs
  • Security/Crime
  • Special Report
  • Sports/Youth
  • Technology/Telecom
  • Tourism
  • Traditional Inst
  • Tribute
  • Uncategorized
  • Union

Address: RSQ/u3/Abuja Road, Rigasa by Layin Service, Kaduna

Email: purveyorngr@gmail.com

WhatsApp: +234 8145346680

Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
YouTube

Copyright 2026 — Purveyor . All rights reserved. Blogsy WordPress Theme
WhatsApp
HiHello , welcome to Purveyor
Can we help you?
Open Chat
Powered by Joinchat