Osun: We Note With Sadness, The Hijack Of Ballot Boxes Already Recorded In A Few Polling Units – Adeleke

According to a report by Daily Sun on Saturday, August 15, 2026, the Campaign Council of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has alleged that there are plans to declare the ongoing governorship election inconclusive.
The governor’s campaign team raised the allegation as voting and the collation of results continued across the state.
The council called on observers and other stakeholders monitoring the electoral process to remain alert to developments surrounding the election.
The allegation came amid reports of disruptions and other incidents in some polling units during the governorship election.
The allegation was contained in a statement issued by Rep. Bamidele Salam, Chairman of the Media and Publicity Committee of the Imole Campaign Council.
Salam, who spoke on behalf of the campaign council, urged observers to pay close attention to developments as the electoral process progressed.
The campaign team expressed concern over what it described as activities capable of affecting the conduct and outcome of the election.
It also raised concerns over reported incidents involving the handling of election materials at some polling units.
The campaign council said it had received information about developments in some areas as voting and the collation of results continued.
According to the council, observers should remain vigilant and closely monitor the electoral process.
The team said its concerns were linked to alleged activities by individuals described as thugs at some polling units.
The campaign council further called for action against anyone found to have interfered with the electoral process or election materials.
The governor’s campaign team also alleged that ballot boxes had already been hijacked in a few polling units by individuals it described as thugs.
The council said the alleged incidents were a matter of concern and called for the arrest of those responsible.
According to the campaign council, anyone found to have taken part in the alleged hijacking of ballot boxes should be made to face the law.
The statement came as electoral activities continued across the state and stakeholders awaited the completion of voting and collation.
Salam urged those monitoring the election to remain attentive to developments and ensure that incidents affecting the electoral process were properly documented.
The campaign council said the alleged hijacking of ballot boxes should be investigated and those responsible identified.
It also called for the electoral process to proceed without interference as officials continued with the handling and collation of results.
The council maintained that the reported incidents required attention from the relevant authorities as the election process continued.
He said, “We note with sadness ,the hijack of ballot boxes already recorded in a few polling units by these thugs and demand that perpetrators be arrested to face the full wrath of the Law.”
COURTESY: Blueprint
Post Comment