Iran-US War Latest: Tehran Tells Trump To ‘Accept Reality Of Defeat’ And Hormuz Will Remain Closed

*The US president says America will also hit Iran hard economically as Washington and Tehran struggle to reach a deal to end a nearly six-month conflict

Iran has told Donald Trump to “accept the reality of defeat” as it declared that it will not resume talks with the US with the Strait of Hormuz set to remain closed

“This strait will be opened and closed only under Iran’s command, Iran’s deputy foreign minister Kazem Gharibabadi posted on X early on Saturday.

“So long as you do not accept the reality of defeat and stop indulging in fantasies, Iran will continue to enforce the blockade.”

Only two vessels passed through the Strait of Hormuz on Friday with no crude oil shipments visible, according to analysis from ship-tracking firm Kpler. Before the war, more than 130 vessels would transit the strait.

It came before Donald Trump said he will soon declare the Strait of Hormuz a US territory.

The US president had previously urged Americans to accept slightly higher gasoline prices while the conflict with Iran continues.

He also told Fox News that the US will hit Iran hard economically as Washington and Tehran struggle to reach a deal to end a nearly six-month conflict.

COURTESY: Independent

Post Comment